Saturday, July 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting




Aside from the white frosting, these cupcakes aren't typical red, white and blue or stars and stripes fourth of July cupcakes. But,  you could say that Trader Joe's Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting are independent of Gluten making them great for Independence Day celebrations!

They come in a four pack and at $3.99 per pack (before tax) that makes these cupcakes about a dollar a pop! I am not on a Gluten Free diet craze, nor am I allergic to it but I did want to see if there is a noticeable difference between a cupcake with gluten and a cupcake without it. 



Taste wise, nope, absolutely no difference! The flavorful chocolate cake is sublimely rich  and the buttercream frosting is thick yet light with a dash of vanilla. They're quite decadent little cupcakes, especially for being store bought! And boy are they moist! Super moist, not buttery, not heavy, just moist. For as moist as they are, these cupcakes are very crumbly; mine fell apart a little bit with every bite I took and stuck to my fingers a little bit, too! I guess that's where the gluten independence comes in. Gluten is a general name for the proteins found in wheat and it helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds foods together. Go figure! 







I probably wouldn't have believed you if you told me these were Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting from Trader Joe's if I didn't already know how absolutely fab they are! Their no mess, pre-packaged, packaging makes them super easy to grab and go to your Independence Day barbecue, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment