Monday, February 14, 2022

Cupcakes from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats for Valentine's Day

 Last year the big freeze in Texas had started to thaw around Valentine's Day so I ventured out for a Valentine's Day treat. I was working in Athens Texas and while the small, quiet town felt like the middle of no where, there was a cute cupcake shop there.  It was February 13th and workers at the Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats shop were busy getting things ready for the big day. I had gone in for one cupcake but they all looked so good. Some were decked out with intricate, edible decorations which I came to find out were special for Valentine's Day from the very friendly manager type lady. Before I knew it I walked out of Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats with three cupcakes.
Happy Valentine's Day to me!


cupcakes from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats in Texas
photo by Nikki DeMartini











cupcakes from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats in Texas
photo by Nikki DeMartini













The first one I tried was the one I was going to get before being easily swindled into getting three and that was the Maple Bacon cupcake. With a piece of bacon, waffle and a little vile of maple syrup stuck right into it, it sure was a sight to see. The vanilla cake and vanilla frosting were standard, there was so much going on on top that it sort of took away from the cupcake itself. It was tough to tell if both the cake and the frosting were vanilla or not. 


cupcake from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats in Texas
photo by Nikki DeMartini



I don't remember in what order I had the next two cupcakes but I do remember they both had the same frosting. One was adorned with a mini chocolate chip cookie and the other with a mini chocolate chip cookie, a tiny slice of cheese cake and chocolate drizzle. The cake was the same standard vanilla cake and the frosting wasn't frosting at all...it was chocolate chip cookie dough! This is the first and so far the only time I've had a cupcake with cookie dough as frosting and it was delicious! 


cupcakes from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats in Texas
photo by Nikki DeMartini


I thought that the delectable decorations would take the cake of the cupcakes at Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats but their chocolate chip cookie dough frosting did! 

Go big and go home with more to love with these everything's bigger in Texas treats. 





cupcakes from Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats in Texas
photo by Nikki DeMartini


No comments:

Post a Comment