Friday, July 27, 2012

Mmmm, Miette.

I have passed Miette in San Francisco's Ferry Building numerous times and today I stopped for a cupcake. All of the charming cakes and confections on display at the traditionally American pastry shoppe look like petite pieces of art; I ordered then enjoyed the vanilla cupcake with strawberry buttercream.













The cake itself was pleasantly dosed with butter rather than  saturated with it as some French confections tend to be, the strawberry buttercream was so light and airy more like butter-whipped-cream and I could see the flecks of actual strawberries in it before the delicate flavor tickled my taste buds. The cake complimented the cream and the chocolate counter part of this cupcake will be my reason to stop at Miette again.

No comments:

Post a Comment