Thursday, September 27, 2012

Luvin' Lemon from the Sweet Treat Stop Artisan Cupcake Truck

I couldn't withstand the temptation of the Artisan Cupcake Truck in Oakland as I walked back to the office after lunch yesterday afternoon, those big colorful cupcakes were calling my name and I had to answer. 


With summer technically over and dosed in afternoon sunshine I decided on Luvin' Lemon which was served with a fork as I'm sure all of the over-sized cupcakes from the Sweet Treat Stop are. 
 The first forkful delivered a mouthful of  cake and lemon Swiss buttercream frosting while my second bite included some of the lemon curd filling from the center of the colossal cupcake.
Referring to my picture of the description confirmed that the cake itself was indeed lemon flavored: it's lemon zestiness is minimal compared to the rest of it's lemoniness and though the cake was moist I do not think that it is moist enough to be included in the description. 
The lemon Swiss buttercream frosting was light, whipped and airy, perfect for a sunny afternoon while the lemon curd center took the cake of this lemon flavored cupcake. 
As the sugar bumble bee topper melted into a sugary goodness in my mouth I wondered how my lemon cupcake aficionado friend would weigh in on this cupcake from the Sweet Treat Stop. . . I think she'd say that the Luvin' Lemon is good but it's not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment