Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cupkates Salted Caramel: it's sinfully delicious

First of all I must say that I love the ingenious fusion of the baker's name into the title of the cupcake food-truck, Cupkates which by the way was the first food truck to specialize in curbside cupcakery. 

Kate's cupcakes are baked fresh everyday using only the best local ingredients such as Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, Guittard chocolate, Clover Farms sweet cream butter and milk in every recipe and the flavors on each truck vary from day to day. Once a flavor is gone it is wiped off of the handwritten menu displayed on a white board in the window and once all of the cupcakes are gone so is the truck. 
 Before walking away with my Salted Carmel cupcake in it's little brown baggie I over heard the girl behind the cash rep tell the customers in line behind me that the Salted Carmel was their best seller which made my mouth water. 
Fresh was the first word that popped into my mind as soon as I had the first bite of Cupkates's Salted Carmel cupcake in my mouth.  This cupcake is one of, if not the freshest cupcakes I have ever eaten! The super moist chocolate cake is so much so that it's heavy yet doesn't weigh you down and dissolves easily when eating it. The dollop of  rich caramel buttercream is thick, creamy and rich with just the right amount of  seasalt. It didn't take long for me to understand why the Salted Caramel flavor is Cupkates best selling cupcake, it's simply decadent and delicious. 
The chocolate and caramel flavors themselves are discrete which balances wonderfully with the richness of this cupcake because anymore flavor would be an overload.  I may have found my favorite cupcake at Cupkates maybe you will too! 

Cupkates Truck Stops: 
12th & Broadway Oakland: 11:30am-2:00pm
400 California St, San Francisco: 12noon-2:00pm
Off The Grid, Upper Haight St, San Francisco: 5:00pm-9:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment