Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sweaty Ellie

Music can inspire in so many different ways: it can affect and/or enhance your mood, comfort you, help you focus while studying, it can get you through a workout.  Maybe your favorite band will make you and your friends want to start your own band or learn to play an instrument. 

Photo by: Marc Fong


I for one love when my parallel passions for music and fitness meet, especially when music's influence inspires me to run harder, faster and longer. For instance, Ellie Goulding. Singer, songwriter, musician, (guitar, drums, keyboards, bass guitar, mandolin, clarinet) record producer, runner.



She had me at runner. Ok, in 2010 her debut album, Lights won me over but her folk-tronica dream-pop isn't the type of music I'd chose to get me through any given run. Ellie Goulding inspires me because I found out that she too, is a runner (she wears Nike's just like me!). 
 More over, Ellie Goulding is training to run the Nike Women Half Marathon DC on April 28th!





  
Touring, like running, takes a toll on a person as a whole: you love doing it but it isn't glamorous, it's grueling but in the end it's so rewarding. So when I  hear about artists who keep up with a regimen while on the road my appreciation for them and their music grows.
If an artist can train on tour then run 13 miles on an off day, then I can too and so can you!



It definitely takes talent to turn it up on the road and the stage. Take a look at Ellie training for the Nike Women Half Marathon DC  ,her dedication is inspirational!


No comments:

Post a Comment