Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin-Chocolate Cupcake from Pacificakes

There are so many fun things associated with Halloween, right? Costumes.  Scary movies. Haunted Houses. Pumpkins. CANDY!
Now that there's been a few days to come down from a  sugar high you may have acquired I'd say it's time to kick things back up with a cupcake review.  
 
In addition to the Pacificakes employees being super friendly and very accommodating they were whipping up  batches of fresh (cupcake?) batter right before my eyes, yum! All of the products at this cute little bakery in my hometown are made with all natural ingredients, no preservatives and everything is baked fresh everyday as I saw first hand.

 
 
 
 
 
 
The choice was simple. The Pumpkin-Chocolate cupcake is not only Halloween color appropriate but what flavors scream Halloween more than pumpkin and chocolate? Plus, this is the first pumpkin-chocolate cupcake I've come across: there's the standard Pumpkin cupcake. The classic Chocolate cupcake. The ever popular Pumpkin Cheese-Cake Cupcake but this Pumpkin-choco combo is a first therefore it was a must!
 


This cupcake was fall fragrant as wafts of pumpkin spice tickled my senses  when I unwrapped my treat from Pacificakes. The taste  of this cupcake has super subtle flavors from both cake flavors, the chocolate cake more so than the pumpkin cake.
The amount of the sugary buttercream cream cheese frosting is tricky! It looks like a normal amount for a cupcake but it's so thick, and so sugary it's actually more frosting than the amount that meets the eye.



With it's subtle flavors, buttery fresh cake, generous amount of sugary buttercream cream-cheese frosting and black and orange candy sprinkles Pacificakes Pumpkin-Chocolate Cupcake is a sweet Halloween treat!
 
Be sure to check-out Pacificakes on Facebook so you'll know when they're awesome seasonal cupcakes like Sweet Potato and Spiced Apple are available, I know I sure will!

No comments:

Post a Comment