Monday, December 2, 2013

Give Thanks to the Pumpkin Spice Cupcake from SusieCakes!

Thanksgiving  is over but it is  still Fall y'all! Before winter officially hits (on December 21st)  I give to you a cupcake review of this season's favorite flavor, Pumpkin!



 SusieCakes is an All-American Bakery offering classic desserts such as: sugar cookies, layer cakes, whoopie pies, frosting filled cupcakes and regular cupcakes just to name a few. Everything they bake is made entirely from scratch with simple, all natural ingredients. The tiny San Francisco shop on Chestnut Street was bustling with customers when I stopped by to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Cupcake and the staff efficiently took my order and got my on my way.
 





Their cupcakes aren't not too big, they're not small... they are the right standard, cupcake size!
Though the cake didn't taste as fresh as described (it was a little on the dry side) SusieCakes Pumpkin Spice cake is the tastiest Pumpkin Cake I've had. Like a classic Pumpkin Pie, complete with hints of cinnamon,  Susiecakes balances this favorite Fall flavor with complimentary spices which you can actually see!
 This cupcake it seemed to get more flavor full as I ate it  (if that's even possible) and at times reminded me of carrot cake because I kept expecting to bite into a raisin.

 
Also complimentary to SusieCakes' Pumpkin Cupcake: it's appropriate pairing with Cream-Cheese Frosting.
SusieCakes' delivers this versatile frosting flavor in a way I have not tasted before because I could actually taste the cream-cheese! It's sweet and cream-cheesey, without one outweighing the other.
 A true contender for the best buttercream, cream-cheese frosting out there!
 
 
It being the week of Thanksgiving when I visited, Susiecakes was slammed with pre-orders, pick ups and walk-ins so there was only four flavors to choose from: Chocolate, Vanilla, Red Velvet and of course Pumpkin Spice.  Their menu is extensive with their signature frosting filled cupcakes, more seasonal specials and mini cupcakes all up on it though!



 
One of the best things about Thanksgiving if all of the leftovers after the feast, but if you've had your fill of pie and still need your Pumpkin fix give SusieCakes' Pumpkin Spice Cupcake a try!
Seasons Greetings and Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment