Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cupcakes of cheer!


My store manager scheduled the Holiday Meeting at the end of October in order to go over seasonal drink recipes, holiday merchandise and Christmas-time promotions which rolled out in early November. This annual, mandatory store meeting was scheduled to end at 9:00pm which is not only after our store hours but it's also outside of many of my co-workers' availability (mine included). 





To sweeten the unsavory deal, one of our Shift Supervisors, Tatiana, told us that she would bring cupcakes to the meeting! Sure enough, she showed up right on time and unveiled a Tupperware filled with more than enough Red Velvet cupcakes for everyone! With a  dash of green sprinkles over the frosting, her cupcakes had the traditional Christmas color combo of red and green and I quickly gave in to the soft aroma their of sugary goodness. 














Before my first bite, Tatiana told me that she couldn't find cream-cheese frosting at the store so she used a Vanilla frosting by Betty Crocker. The sweet plain vanilla went well with the richness of red velvet and I enjoyed the variation to the the standard Red Velvet Cream Cheese Frosting pairing. 
It wasn't as rich and decedent...it was a little more sweet and it was just as delicious. 










She used a Duncan Hines cake mix and baked a delicately moist cake that definitely had the signature red velvet flavor and vibrant color with a freshness that you only get with cupcakes baked the same day. I couldn't resist the scrumptious distraction and stuffed my face with two cupcakes before our two hour Holiday meeting was over!









Since then, Tatiana has put in her two weeks to move on to bigger and better things at the job of her dreams! It has been a joy to work with Tatiana: she's hard worker with a heart of gold and she always knows how to make her co-workers smile, inside and outside of work. I'm really going to miss working with this lovely lady but I couldn't be more happy for her! Flying the friendly skies will be even more friendly now. :) 

Good luck TT! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this sweet post! This transition has been bittersweet for me but thank you so much for your kind words and you good wishes. I am going to miss the part of trying to have a life with our insane schedule (and other insane and bipolar things) but I have to say that working with you always made the day better, finding someone you can relate to, that is funny and kind but also responsible, respectful and with an incredible work ethic is so hard to find! And you, well you rocked it! Every day! Thank you so much for everything and please do not think for a second you can get rid of me that easily muuaahahaahaaa ( evil laugh)
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete