Thursday, October 31, 2019

Boo's Butterscotch Cupcakes

Boo's is a Philly Cheese Steak place in LA that also serves hoagies and cupcakes. While they have variations of a classic Philly Cheese Steak: mushroom steak, pizza steak, pepper steak, they only have one cupcake flavor, butterscotch. 

Turns out that Crème Carmel LA actually makes the cupcakes for Boo's. 


Boo's Butterscotch Cupcakes 
photo by Nikki DeMartini





It is Halloween and I don't know if I've ever seen a butterscotch cupcake before and this place is Boo's! 
Trick or treat! 











The cupcakes are sold in a two pack and after a dollar tip they're just under six bucks. That's not even $3 per cupcake! I could have easily eaten both cupcakes in one sitting but I gave my Dad one, which he ate immediately. The first thing I noticed was that there wasn't a lot of frosting on the cupcakes. The second thing I noticed was that it looked like the same crumbles of presumed butterscotch candies that are on top of the cupcakes, were also in the cupcake. But, were they crumbles of butterscotch candies or crumbles of the inside of a Butterfinger? 

Boo's Butterscotch Cupcakes 
photo by Nikki DeMartini

As I ate the smooth and creamy frosting I wished there was more of it because it was quite delicious. I almost wish there was more butterscotch, too. Like finding that random butterscotch hard candy wrapped in tangerine gold in the bottom of your candy filled pillow case, popping it into your mouth and awakening every taste bud with that sweet buttery taste. 
On the other hand, maybe that would be too much for these cupcakes. 

Boo's Butterscotch Cupcake 
photo by Nikki DeMartini



The cupcake as a whole is butterscotch flavored. Not just the frosting. Not just the cake. I wouldn't consider butterscotch as a unique flavor, but there aren't too many butterscotch treats around. 
 Save room for desert at Boo's because the Butterscotch Cupcake is a yummy little treat. Gotta balance out the salty with the sweet, right? 


Happy Halloween! 








No comments:

Post a Comment