Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Canadian Cupcakes, eeh.


My adventure in Vancouver wasn't far underway before the sidewalk sign for Cupcakes caught my eye and the next thing I knew I was in line  deciding which frosted treat I was about to treat myself to.
Because it was my first time trying a cupcake from Cupcakes I played it safe and simple and chose Diva, or Diva-cake as I like to call it: chocolate cake with pink vanilla buttercream and sprinkled with pink sugar. My initial response to unwrapping the Diva-cake was  how small and narrow the cup of this cupcake was in comparison it's pink frosted top. The chocolate cake missed the indulgence mark and Diva's pink topping fell short of the buttermilk frosting expectation yet it was still a sugary delight that satisfied my sweet tooth that afternoon and it paired well with a cup of coffee.

Now that my taste-buds are no stranger to Vancouver's Cupcakes next time I'm in town I plan to dive into flavors like Lava Flow, Blue Hawaii and Caramella!


No comments:

Post a Comment