Saturday, June 15, 2013

New from Nice!

The Walgreens store brand, Nice! has a new product!
 
The playful packaging of the chain's line of (even more) affordable products always catches my eye, most times igniting my ravenous sweet tooth in the snack isle. As I meandered around a Walgreens store one afternoon just killing some time Nice! struck yet again! This time with a snack I had never seen nor heard of....Cupcake Minis?!?!
 
 
 
A cupcake craving craze started stirring inside me...I know what mini cupcakes are but what is a cupcake mini?!
 
Upon closer inspection the front of the bright box, I confirmed  that this was indeed some type of cupcake goody. Seeing that I am always shopping on a budget plus way over due for a cupcake review this was not a hard sell! 
Nice one Nice!
 
 
Honestly, in the whirlwind of making my purchase I didn't read the description of what I bought and I thought that these were simply White Chocolate chips with rainbow confetti sprinkles.


Surprise!
As soon as I opened the box I saw that what was inside was more than that!
The Cupcake Minis immediately reminded me of Cookie Dough Bites even though I don't think I have ever eaten those.
 
 
 











The morsels are indeed tiny pieces of white cake coated with a "white frosting" covered in rainbow confetti sprinkles. I say "white Frosting"  in quotations because it's  firmer than regular frosting, (obviously for packaging reasons). It isn't white chocolate but it's not exactly frosting...it's a form of frosting. Neither cake flavor or frosting flavor is disclosed on the box; rather, both are listed as white which I associate with being vanilla (what will Walgreen's market "chocolate" Cupcake Minis as?!)
 
 

Though they are not really little pieces of cupcake they are tasty and fun to eat! Their bite-sized-ness  make them easily snack able and I found as I happily snacked away  it was like eating a never ending cupcake top! Ok, it ended when the box was empty but you know what I mean!





As to be expected Walgreens Cupcake Minis do definitely carry that manufactured taste and that's not necessarily a bad thing! You know that you're getting what you pay for when you shop Nice!
 
 With that said I had bought them in such a  haste that I don't remember the price but I can tell you that I know that Walgreen's Cupcake Mini's are cheaper than an "average" cupcake.

In my opinion they should be called Cupcake Bites rather than Cupcake Minis because they are bites. Plus, Cupcake Minis is too close to Mini Cupcakes and these are not mini cupcakes. The too names are too close in comparison, it could be confusing. And...White flavor?


Cupcake Minis are a fun creative tasty take on cupcakes. There aren't many cupcake snacks out there making  these perfect for when you're on the go and are craving a cupcake. Plus, you can totally share them with friends and that is always Nice!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment