Saturday, January 23, 2016

Celebratory Birthday Cupcakes from Cups & Cakes Bakery!

This week at work we celebrated January Birthdays and my birthday was earlier this month so of course I joined the office party! I missed out on everyone singing "Happy Birthday To You" and I almost missed out on the Cupcakes but there was 3 left to choose from when I got there. I could tell right away that they were from Cups & Cakes Bakery by the pleated paper little Dixie-Cups the Cupcakes are in and aside form the unmistakeable Red Velvet I had no idea what the other two  flavors were. 

Cupcakes from Cups & Cakes Bakery
Photo by Nikki DeMartini




Both had a yellow-ish cake which I figured had to be either vanilla or yellow cake (which is my fave). One looked like a Valentines Day Cupcake with a dollop of crisp white frosting and some red and purple heart shaped sprinkles while the other one had a sort of off-white ruffled frosting with a dash of tiny white pearl sprinkles. I went with the later.




Luscious Vanilla Cupcake from Cups & Cakes Bakery
Photo by Nikki DeMartini


When I un-wrapped it I could tell, even before my first bite, that it was vanilla cake by it's color. The vanilla flavor was subtle and the cake itself was pretty dense and heavy, not necessarily rich or moist but buttery and thick. Once I tasted the frosting I knew right away too that is was vanilla.  The frosting was thick just like the cake but the vanilla flavor was a lot stronger than the flavor of the cake and it was super sugary!  I looked up all of the flavors on their website and sure enough it was a vanilla cupcake, but not just any vanilla cupcake, it was the Luscious Vanilla Cupcake. 

The cupcakes from Cups & Cakes Bakery are a little smaller than standard cupcake size but it hit the spot: it was a yummy way to celebrate my belated birthday and at work no less! 




Check out the Cups & Cakes Bakery calendar on their website to see what crazy flavors are on the menu each day or just stop by the cutsie store front on 9th Street in SF's SoMa district. 


No comments:

Post a Comment