Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cupcake : yellow cake with chocolate frosting

yellow cake with chocolate frosting cupcake
Photo by Nikki DeMartini
Last week when I got to work I had totally forgotten that it was that time of the month when we celebrate all the Birthdays for the month, so I was super happy when I was told to grab a cupcake as I clocked in! Turns out my shift started just in time because one of two cupcake boxes was empty and the the other one was almost empty. All I could see from the few left to choose from was the frosting with cute, colorful confetti sprinkles on top. I was faced with an age-old question: chocolate or vanilla?
I couldn't be happier with my decision because when I picked up one of the cupcakes with chocolate frosting I could then see that the cake was yellow cake! Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my all time FAVE! 






My guess is that the fluffy looking frosting came out of a tube by the way it was spiraled over the top of the yellow cake. It was light in color and it's super light almost whipped consistency reminded me of frosting found on (grocery) store bought cupcakes. It wasn't too  sugary, but it was more sugary than it was chocolatey. Even though I had no idea where these cupcakes were from since there was no labels on the boxes,  I knew they were not (grocery) store bought.



yellow cake with chocolate frosting cupcake
Photo by Nikki DeMartini
yellow cake with chocolate frosting cupcake
Photo by Nikki DeMartini
Hanging over the edges of the cupcake wrapper, the top of the cupcake sat like an oversized crown over the rest of the cupcake.  The cake was a pretty golden hue of yellow, moist with buttery goodness but it wasn't too moist nor was it too buttery. Goldilocks would approve, this yellow cake was just right! This was a filled cupcake too so there was a little bit more frosting in the middle of it! Who doesn't love more frosting?! I know I do. 



yellow cake with chocolate frosting cupcake
Photo by Nikki DeMartini



It's been a long time since I have had yellow cake with chocolate frosting, let alone a yellow cake with chocolate frosting cupcake! Who would think it'd be a hard flavor combo to come by, right?  

I do wish the frosting was more prominently chocolatey, it wasn't bad but it could be better. With that said, no matter their flavor or where they're from, I am one lucky lady to be treated with yummy cupcakes at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment