Saturday, February 13, 2016

Gwen + Urban Decay = L . O . V . E

Like many, I was heartbroken when I heard that Rock's star couple, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were divorcing after 13 years of marriage on top of years of dating. This isn't the first time that my heart has been broken by the platinum fashionista. I've loved Gwen Stefani since I was a young, "rocker girl" in middle school when Tragic Kingdom came out but I did hate her for a hot minute when she started dating the BUSH lead singer, she ruined my chances of ever dating my rockstar crush! But I got over it. 
  Their brief breakup back then resulted in Gwen dying her infamous blonde hair pink and No Doubt's awesome album, Return of Saturn. 


After making a couple solo albums, Gwen has done a lot more than make music. It's plain to see by looking at the gorgeous trend setter that fashion is also one of her passions, so it was no big surprise when she started her own high-fashion line,  L.A.M.B (Love, Angel, Music, Baby) a few years back.  Now, with a high-fashion line, an affordable/kids clothing line (Harajuku Lovers), a perfume (L.A.M.B), a line of nail polishes by O.P.I and being a judge on the hit TV show The Voice, Gwen is a mogul! 
There's no stopping Miss Stefani. 
Go grrl! 





Late last year Gwen gave us another reason to say hey baby hey baby hey with the announcement that she was teaming up with Urban Decay for her own line of makeup! Geee! Now her fans could not only dress like her, they could get her signature glamorous look too! It made me so happy! I love the edginess Urban Decay makeup offers and I love Gwen, obvi.  I was not so happy with the $60 price tag for the 15 shade eyeshadow platte and I was pretty surprised that the shades were so natural. But, a bold lip calls for softer shadows and if you're familiar with Gwen Stefani at all you know she loves to rock red lips.


The cute polka-dot packaging is inspired by her love of black and white graphic prints and some of the shadows are named after No Doubt songs: Bathwater =pale beige with gold pearl named after "Bathwater" off 2000's Return of Saturn, Steady = medium rose with metallic gold shift names after "Rock Steady" off 2001's Rock Steady, Baby = cool metallic rose named after "Hey Baby" off 2001's Rock Steady.




Some of the other shades bare names plucked right from her life: Anaheim = light taupe-brown matte, her home town, Punk = reddish brown matte, homeage to her punk-ska roots,  Harajuku = metallic blue/pink with iridescent micro shimmer, her love for Harajuku style and her Harajuku clothing line. Blonde = pale beige with pink iridescent shift, her famous platinum blonde locks!



Thanks to my two favorite Aunts and their generous Christmas gifts of Sephora gift-cards I was able to get my very own Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette! I love it, right down to the decal of the lyrics "Magic's in the Make-Up" from the song of the same name off of 2000's Return of Saturn on the mirror, it's perfect! As I excitedly opened the box a flyer of lipstick samples slipped out of the box promoting Gwen's Urban Decay lipsticks! I was even more excited! Gwen Stefani lipsticks?!





There are 6 different lipsticks in her limited edition collection: one nude, one fuchsia and the other 4 are varying shades of red from a classic bright red, to a deep burgundy. Like her shadows the lipsticks have names that represent something about Gwen.








Firebird = deep fuchsia
714 = bright red: 714 is the Anaheim area code
Rock Steady = deep red wine cream: title song off of 2001's Rock Steady
Spiderweb = satin red cream: song off 1995's Tragic Kingdom
Wonderland = dark pink/red: play on Gwen's Alice in Wonderland style from her 1st solo album, 2004's Love. Angel. Music. Baby
Ex-Girlfriend = sheer nude-rose with pink shimmer, song off of 2000's Return of Saturn 





The packaging is ultra fab, too! Gold with a black safari-esque pattern, each lip stick slides into the lid from the bottom. I got Rock Steady, the deep burgundy one and I love it! The color is so rich and the texture is so creamy! I'll probably end up getting more, if not all of them, I am "Just A Girl" after all.

Gwen's Urban Decay makeup collection rocks! It's available at Sephoria for a limited time so act fast ladies before it's "Too Late"!




No comments:

Post a Comment