Friday, May 13, 2016

Cupcakes at Basecamp

Photo by Nikki DeMartini

A Basecamp member came to the Burlingame studio for an afternoon class with the cutest portable cupcake holder full of cupcakes. All of the staff members thought she was joking when she told us that the cupcakes were for us, but she wasn't!

Photo by Nikki DeMartini
















The cupcake carrier was as cute as it was awesome: it was shaped like a cupcake and it had stackable tiers so the cupcakes wouldn't get smushed! I was very impressed with how well decorated her cupcakes were, so much so that I can safely say they are the cutest homemade cupcakes I've ever had the pleasure of eating. She must have a decorating kit because the frosting was picture perfect! 


Photo by Nikki DeMartini



Photo by Nikki DeMartini
All of them had chocolate frosting and half of the batch had a swirly design with tiny round rainbow sprinkles. The other half of the batch had little dollops of frosting all over the top and each dollop was topped off with a white pearl candy. She told us that some of them were vanilla cake and some were chocolate cake but you couldn't really tell what flavor you were choosing because you can only see the top of the cupcakes when they're in the container. I'm a sucker for rainbow sprinkles, so I picked one of those  and it ended up being a chocolate on chocolate one. The cake was super fluffy and light and the frosting was also light and sugary. I forgot to ask if she made them from scratch or not but I have a feeling that they were from a packaged mix. 



Photo by Nikki DeMartini

I just had the one cupcake but some of my coworkers (who are HIIT class instructors) admitted to having five cupcakes that day! We may work at a gym but that doesn't mean we don't indulge or in some cases, over-indulge. With that said though I was happy that I got my workout in beforehand! 
It was very sweet of our member to surprise us with treats,  our Basecampers are pretty great!  




No comments:

Post a Comment