Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Birthday, cupcake!

photo by Nikki DeMartini



Last week, my supervisor surprised me with cupcakes and roses on my Birthday! It's been a while since someone gave me either of these which made her thoughtful surprise even sweeter.


When I opened the little, white, rectangular box sealed with a cute cupcake sticker I was delighted to see one standard size cupcake and not one but two mini-cupcakes! My three B-Day cupcakes were two of my favorite colors, too: pink and seafoam. Mmm Mmm!








The packaging was personalized so I thought that the cupcakes came from a boutique type shop but they were from Cala Foods! They were pretty fancy cupcakes for coming from a grocery store. All three were vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and each cupcake was topped with some little pearl candies. The cake was dense and buttery, the frosting thick like buttercream but on the sweeter side yet the sweetness of both cake and frosting was faint. 


photo by Nikki DeMartini


Cupcakes of all sizes are always a tasty treat and somehow they taste better on your Birthday. And what girl doesn't like getting flowers? 
My supervisor sure knows how to make a (Birthday) girl feel special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment